[daip] AIPS install on network NFS server

Sam Leathers saml at astro.psu.edu
Wed Dec 20 16:36:13 EST 2006

Sorry to bother you again...

I found the problem having to do with AIPS_ROOT not a directory. I am
still having a problem with getting this to work though I get the error:

AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:PWD000000;          NOT FOUND

Thanks,

Sam

I reinstalled AIPS on the server and now I get the error:

START_AIPS: AIPS_ROOT is not a directory; cannot start AIPS.

AIPS_ROOT=/usr/astro/aips, which is a directory.

I ran source $AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.SH

Sam

I got AIPS installed on our network server (mounted read only for all
users). when I did the install it created an AIPS_DATA in my home
directory (that's the data source I gave it). I recently delete that
AIPS_DATA directory cleaning up my home directory, and I'm not sure how
to get a data directory without having to reinstall the entire package.

The way I have it setup on the person using the machine, their .dadevs
in their home directory points to /bulk/plerion/zdenka/AIPS_DATA.
Currently the AIPS_DATA directory is completely empty. Can you give me
some suggestions of where I can find that AIPS_DATA directory I deleted
and copy it to their machine?

Sam

--
Sam Leathers