[daip] TPMON

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 11 12:26:26 EST 2006

Patrick Palmer writes:

 > I did edit the double listing of the tape drive.  My problem is that I
 > can't find where the TPMON's get started so that I can change the
 > number.  Is the only place in /etc/services?

they get started in START_TPMON which reads your TPDEVS.LIST.  The
problem is not in the starting - it is as I said.  For some reason a
TPMON4 and a TPMON3 are running on oskar.  The startup is complaining
that there are more TPMONs than expected **ALREADY** running.  Do a

ps -elf | grep TPMON

to see them.  Then kill the processes and start a new aips and all
should be well.