[daip] (no subject)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Dec 11 11:45:25 EST 2006

Patrick Palmer writes:

First = please put a subject line.  I do not know how I noticed this
amongst the 30+ spams.

 > I can't figure out how to fix the message below.
 >

 > STARTPMON: [OSKAR] Too many TPMON daemons possibly found????
 > STARTPMON: [OSKAR] Expected 3, found 4.
 > STARTPMON: [OSKAR] Please inform the AIPS Manager.

    What this says is that oscar is currently running TPMON1 through
TPMON4 for no apparent reason.  You can stop all the TPMON processes
(which I would recommend) and then start an aips to start them again.

TPMON1 is for disk files and TPMON2 for tape drive 1.  It is very
dangerous to have the tape listed twice.  One task could be writing
tape 1 and the other take tape 2 and rewind it.  If they are the same
tape you have lost your data.

Eric Greisen