[daip] AIPS problem w/ task BPASS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Dec 8 12:10:27 EST 2006

The guess is that somehow you inadvertently flagged out all of your
calibrator sources.  Note that BPASS has not worked when using some
but not all of the IFs.  I just fixed that problem in 31DEC06 but I am
sure that it is in 31DEC04.

To test this you could try POSSM specifying one or the other of the
calibrator sources.  You could try PRTAB on the FG table but that
might be to much information to find what you need.  There is a task
FGPLT which plots the FG table and that might help debug what has
happened.

If the results are inconsistent then I have to ask what compiler was
used on your installation.  Some GNU compilers do not work right with
AIPS.  But let us check the FG table closely first.

By the way, there is now a 31DEC07 release which does have
significant improvements over 31DEC04.  See
         http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips
for links to the AIPSLetters describing them (the last 31DEC06 letter
is in preparation).