[daip] MNJ stuck on new laptop install

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 16 16:52:43 EDT 2006

Glenn Morrison writes:
 > OK, from cfht I ran MNJ on the laptop. The bandwidth requirements
 > (sending that is) is quite high so from my cable internet it will
 > take a bit to run MNJ.
 >
 > There are a few errors below. Could you take a look at them? The
 > failed to set permission also happens on my G5 but does not seem to
 > affect anything inportant. Rather, the "some files could not
 > transferred" is the error I was wondering about.
 >
 > UPDCONTROL - UPDOBSLT done, new PUTBCK.UPD
 > UPDCONTROL - calling UPDSRTUNQ REMOVE
 > UPDCONTROL - calling UPDLSTDAT REASONS.UPD
 > UPDCONTROL - calling UPDSRTUNQ PUTBCK
 > UPDCONTROL - applying COMRPL/LNK.ADD to .UPD files
 > UPDCONTROL - removing any aipssrc compiles/links
 > UPDCONTROL - Calling UPDSRTUNQ COMRPL
 > UPDCONTROL - Calling UPDSRTUNQ COMLNK
 > UPDCONTROL - Done.
 > UPDCONTROL - created temporary file 20060816.202526.SPECIAL
 > UPDCONTROL - nothing special, removing 20060816.202526.SPECIAL
 > UPDCONTROL - regenerating COMRPL.UPD.SUM
 > UPDCONTROL - regenerating COMLNK.UPD.SUM
 > AIPSUPD - UPDCONTROL done
 > AIPSUPD - dates wrong: LASTREMOVE is 20060816.034236
 > AIPSUPD -          and   LASTGOOD is 20060816.034236
 > UPDRSYNC:  doing binary synchronization

    Have you already tried it more than once today?  This should not
occur otherwise.

    What is the ownership of the directory MASTER in $SYSMACPP?

 > UPDRSYNC: rsync SYSTEM
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > SYSTEM/MASTER": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > SYSTEM/MASTER": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /
 > SourceCache/rsync/rsync-24/rsync/main.c(1161)
 > UPDRSYNC: rsync LIBR

    What is the ownership of the directories in $SYSMACPP?

Did YSUB/SUBLIB update?

 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > LIBR/APLOOP": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > LIBR/QOOP": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > LIBR/QSUB": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > LIBR/YNOT": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > LIBR/APLOOP": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > LIBR/QOOP": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > LIBR/QSUB": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/
 > LIBR/YNOT": Operation not permitted (1)
 > rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at /
 > SourceCache/rsync/rsync-24/rsync/main.c(1161)
 > UPDRSYNC: rsync LOAD
 > AIPSUPD - calling UPDREPORT
 > AIPSUPD - UPDREPORT done, MNJ finished.

general question - what account installed aips and what account is
running the mnj?

Eric

BTW - daip reeaches Wes - otherwise I have to forward things to him.