[daip] MNJ stuck on new laptop install

Glenn Morrison morrisonge at mac.com
Wed Aug 16 03:34:46 EDT 2006

Hey Eric,

I just update my AIPS on my laptop and trying to run the MNJ.

With cvs installed

Seawolf:~ morrison$ cvs
Usage: cvs [cvs-options] command [command-options-and-arguments]

and correctly path-ed in the do_* file

# Get cvs in the path...
PATH=$PATH:/sw/bin
export PATH
#

MNJ is getting stuck at the following

seawolf:~ morrison$  do_daily.localhost
AIPSUPD - cd /usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/UPDATE
AIPSUPD - RunTime is 20060816.072533
AIPSUPD - LogFile is /usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/UPDATE/
UPD20060816.072533.LOG
AIPSUPD - ErrorFile is /usr/local/AIPS/31DEC06/MACPPC/UPDATE/
UPD20060816.072533.ERR
AIPSUPD - Using CVS for copying files.
AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS

At this point I do a control C to stop it hanging. One thing of
interest is the fact that Tx (outbound data) is ongoing when I start
MNJ and ends when I do a control C. Is it in fact working but the AOC
server not liking my IP address?

-Thanks

--Glenn