[daip] SDI clean

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 10 15:21:28 EDT 2006

Adam Ginsburg writes:
 > OK, thanks.  I recall having similar problems in IMAGR, but I might be
 > mistaken.  Is it possible to run IMAGR's clean algorithms on a map
 > that's already been made?  I recall it giving me errors, and its
 > parameters don't seem particularly well-suited to working on extant
 > images.

IMAGR requires uv data as input - that is its strength not weakness.
Otherwise its parameters are superior so far as I know, although the
meaning of the SDI parameter changes not so long ago to a better
formulation.

The error reported appears to be from an attempt to write a table
opened for read.  That does not appear to be possible in the code but
I have not used SDCLN in a decade or more.  I will give it a shot a
see if I can find the cause.

I can imagine you having problems with IMAGR - it is a very large and
complex task - but it is not likely to be the same problem.