[daip] edita

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Aug 2 16:21:00 EDT 2006

Farhad Zadeh writes:

 > Many thanks for your time over the phone. I am afraid
 > I am still in dark as to how  I should do to get rid of
 > a single time record that shows to have a large gain in the
 > snplt table without editing the source data. I don't need to remove
 > the source  visiblities.
 > It looks like if I get rid of high gains using EDITA, a lot of
 > data get removed. Is there any way that I could clip
 > of high gains graphicalaly without
 >   editing the source visibilities?
 > The way, I use uvflg is to specify  a single 3 second record
 > by the time range and the antenna and
 > the bad data are gone. How could I do this graphically.

You (or I) am confused about what you want to do.

1. If you interpret a bad gain record as indicative of bad uv data
then you can edit the bad uv data in the calibrator out with UVFLG and
do CALIB over again to get a better solution.  EDITR, TVFLG are tools
for this.

2, If you interpret a bad gain in the SN table as indicative of a
range of time for which the calibration is uncertain, then you will
want to flag a range of time in the UV data.  EDITA is the best tool
for this.

3. If you interpret a bad SN entry as indicative of a problem with the
SN table, then you may remove the SN entry or adjust it using SNEDT.
That task is similar to EDITR, but edits the SN table (or CL) not the
UV data.