[daip] SU FILE problem

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 28 12:35:29 EDT 2006

Eric Greisen wrote:
> Roderick Johnstone writes:
>

>      Is your MNJ really binary - in which case this compilation should
> not be done.  I expect that we have an error in the MNJ code and, in
> an attempt to be friendly, we compile XAS when we have already shipped
> you a new binary.

Well, the installation was definitely a binary installation.

>     If the aips TV (XAS) works then nothing is broken.  The -lXext is
> needed only to make XAS.

The TV is working. The XAS executable is:
-rwxrwxr-x  1 star star 86315 Mar 23 04:43 ./LINUX/LOAD/XAS

Is that the size and date it should be?

Thanks for the rest of your reply. Things seem to be ok.

Roderick
Roderick Johnstone                          Email: rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
X-ray Astronomy Group                       Phone: +44 1223 766656
Institute of Astronomy                      Mobile:   07989 809095
Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 0HA, UK       Fax:   +44 1223 337523