[daip] SU FILE problem

Lorant Sjouwerman lsjouwer at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 27 17:30:10 EDT 2006

Robert,

OK, looks like you're using the older version.
Things have changed considerably in AIPS and in VLARUN,
and it seems you have not run the Midnight Job recently;
probably the computer upgrade also may have affected this.

There must be a 'do_daily.<cpuname>' in the home directory
of the account that installed the aips version. I strongly
recommend it is run by that account, though it may mess up
your personal scripts. After running the 'do_daily.<cpuname>'
you should have the latest AIPS if you use 31DEC06 - if not
(eg you're running 31DEC05), then I recommend upgrading to
the newer version and once a week or month run the Midnight
Job - it has a much more powerful version of VLARUN. After
the Midnight Job, do 'restore 0' and 'run vlarun' (also for
the 31DEC05 version, which gives you the VLARUN you're using).
I used the inputs in the new VLARUN version (31DEC06) as
below (only key ones listed - please read the explain file)
Good luck

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at nrao.edu
c/o NRAO Array Operations Center       Phone:  +1-505-835-7332
    P.O. Box 0 (1003 Lopezville Rd)    Switch: +1-505-835-7000
    Socorro NM 87801                   Fax:    +1-505-835-7027

INDISK       <some number>
DOCAT        <some number>
INNAME     ' '
INCLASS    ' '