[daip] questions about using and getting help with AIPS

Ray Lucas lucas at stsci.edu
Sun Apr 9 16:26:28 EDT 2006

Hi Eric,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I really appreciate it!
I will be looking into this some more over the next few weeks
and/or months at some point as I begin trying things out, so
it helps a great deal to know about the current contact info
and the advice you've given me on the relative merits of the
various tasks and the fact that I really just need to rely
mostly on trying things myself and sending email to daip if I
have questions or problems that I'm not sure how to resolve.

I'll check on the version of AIPS that they loaded here and
try to find out if it is the 31Dec06 file and if it has the
latest tasks you mentioned, and I'll get back to you folks
if/when I have more questions. I'm not exactly sure when I'll
really get started since I have another couple of projects
that need finishing (or at least substantial progress) first,
but hopefully it will be soon, since I also need to make some
progress on this one soon, as well!

But, I hope you're not spending too much of your weekend doing
functional work and answering questions like mine! I'm also
hoping not to spend too much of my Sunday on work today,
either, since its a gorgeous sunny day here, though, as usual,
its the best time to get some of my own things done with no
interruptions and meetings!

Best regards,
Ray