[daip] outline for talk

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Sat Sep 3 14:33:56 EDT 2005

I think whatever we do on AIPS should also have a segment on the plans
through 2009, which is the period covered by the AUI proposal.
 From my perspective, these plans include use of AIPS as the
primary package for both VLA and VLBA data reduction, use
of AIPS as a reality check for any AIPS++ work on EVLA
reduction/testing, use of AIPS for testing of the EVLA prototype
correlator.  Beyond 2009, I believe we will need to rely on AIPS
for VLBA, but I'm not now clear what we expect AIPS++ to do
for EVLA in 2010.

Jim