[daip] Re: sorry, another aips problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 27 15:32:12 EDT 2005

Robert F Willson writes:

 >   Sorry, but I have another problem: when I say "tvall" to display a map on the
 > screen, I get the message:
 >
 > TVFIND: NO MA IMAGES ARE ON ACCORDING TO CATALOG

31DEC02 is pretty old by now and I do not know quite what to suggest.
I did fix a bug in TVALL for when the labeling is allowed to go to
any GRCHAN.  TVALL is a proc which reads

PROC TVALL; TVOFF(1234);OFFZOOM;TVON(TVCH);GROFF(1234);
GROFF(5678);J=GRCH;GRCH=248;GRCL;GRCH=J;TVCL;TVLOD;TVWED(16)
TVWLAB;TVFID;RETURN
FINISH

in 31DEC02.  Do you end up with an image loaded? an image visible?, a
wedge, a wedge label?

The new proc is

PROC TVALL; TVOFF(1234);GROFF(1234);GROFF(5678);
J=GRCH;GRCH=8;GRCL;GRCH=J;GRCL;TVCL;OFFZOOM;TVLOD;
TVON(TVCH);TVWED(16);TVWLAB;TVFID; RETURN; FINISH

I mostly clears the right graphics channel compared to the old one.

I really do not have a good idea - you could try doing the proc by
hand and see where it fails or if the new one works where the old one
fails.  I do remember this message but possibly not in the TVALL
context.