[daip] remote tape problems

Miller Goss mgoss at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Oct 25 11:00:13 EDT 2005

Since Friday I have not succeeded in remote tape
mounting.

I start aips with

aips tst tp=phecda

then

 mount
AIPS 1: MOUNT:    Verb to software mount a tape
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INTAPE        6                    Tape unit # (0=> 1)
AIPS 1: DENSITY    22500                   Density to set on mount.
AIPS 1: REMHOST    'PHECDA                    Remote computer name
AIPS 1:              '
AIPS 1: REMTAPE       2                    Remote tape drive number
>mount
AIPS 1: Mounted on ANSI SCSI 2 tape on host phecda
>tget fittp
>inp
AIPS 1: FITTP:  Task to write maps or uv data on a FITS-tape.
AIPS 1: Adve

looks GOOD !

then try to write a tape

AIPS 1: FITTP:  Task to write maps or uv data on a FITS-tape.
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: DOALL        -1                    1 (T) do all, -1 (F) do 1st.
AIPS 1: INNAME     '3C286       '          Image name(name).  Standard.
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'SPLIT '                Image name(class). Standard.
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Image name(seq. #).
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Disk drive #.      0 => any
AIPS 1: INTYPE     'UV'                    File type.     Blank => any
AIPS 1: OUTTAPE       6                    Tape drive #.  0 => 1
AIPS 1: OUTFILE    '                                                '
AIPS 1:                                    Disk file name
AIPS 1: DOEOT        -1                    1 (T) go to end tape first.
AIPS 1: DOSTOKES     -1                    > 0 => Convert to true
AIPS 1:                                       Stokes (Formal I)
AIPS 1:                ******** Changed 12/2/93 ***********************
AIPS 1: DONEWTAB      1                    >0 standard FITS binary
AIPS 1:                                       tables (15JAN94 or later)
AIPS 1:                                    <= 0 AIPS FITS binary tables
AIPS 1:                ************************************************
AIPS 1: FORMAT        0                    tape format:   0 => 3.
AIPS 1:                                        1 for 16-bit integer
AIPS 1:                                        2 for 32-bit integer
AIPS 1:                                        3 for 32-bit IEEE
AIPS 1:                                          floating point
AIPS 1: BLOCKING     10                    tape blocking factor (<= 10)
AIPS 1: CATNO         0           0        Limit range of catalog number
>go
FITTP1: Task FITTP  (release of 31DEC05) begins
FITTP1: Writing to tape drive number   6
FITTP1: ZTPOPR: REMOTE TAPE SYSTEM RETURNS ERROR CODE      6
FITTP1: ZTPOPN: REMOTE OPEN ERROR   6 TO
FITTP1: TAPIO: ERROR   6 OPENING FILE
FITTP1: COULD NOT OPEN OUTPUT FILE.  IER=   8
FITTP1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
FITTP1: parkes       31DEC05 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
AIPS 1: Resumes

I can write a tape directly if I am loged in to MIZAR.

thanks
miller