[daip] question about remote tape in aips

Tingdong Chen ctd at brandeis.edu
Tue Oct 18 15:26:39 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I met a problem when trying to read tapes from a remote aips computer.

it mounted fine, but the rewind gives the following error:
 >rewind
AIPS 1: ZTPOPR: REMOTE TAPE SYSTEM RETURNS ERROR CODE     99
AIPS 1: ZTPOPN: REMOTE OPEN ERROR  99 TO agn
AIPS 1: TAPIO: ERROR  99 OPENING FILE
AIPS 1: INVALID TAPE

and if I ignore that, and try 'fitld', it gives :
 >go
FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC04) begins
FITLD1: Reading tape drive number   1
FITLD1: ZTPOPR: REMOTE TAPE SYSTEM RETURNS ERROR CODE     99
FITLD1: ZTPOPN: REMOTE OPEN ERROR  99 TO
FITLD1: TAPIO: ERROR  99 OPENING FILE
FITLD1: ERROR      8 OPENING TAPE
FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
FITLD1: galaxy       31DEC04 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
AIPS 1: Resumes

I'm running aips in Fedora Core 3, aips version 31Dec04, the remote
computer runs Redhat 6, and aips 31DEC00.
what problem could this be? Thanks a lot.

Tingdong