[daip] appeal for help on TVs

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat Oct 15 06:22:37 EDT 2005

I have made a change to XASERVERS and UNIXSERVERS which seems to be
required here in Oxford on the Linux boxes.  I have had a report that
it breaks a solaris installation in Poland.  I tested it on Leonia's
machine and I think that report is correct.  But does it work on the
other machines around?

Try

aips tv=local:0

and see if working message and TEK servers appear.

I tried loggin in to other machines in the AOC like I did bonito but
the X windows on them refused me permission to create windows (as it
probably should).

I need to fix UPDUPDATE and then issue a SYSSUL version of XASERVERS
and UNIXSERVERS.  Or maybe it is a local problem only.

Locally the command

   ssh <host> -n xterm (etc) ./MSSRV1 &

fails even when on the <host> while the

   xterm (etc.) ./MSSRV1 &

works fine.  The XWindows generates xt errors presumably related to
security.  So the change to UNIXSERVERS and XASERVERS may also be to
solve a local problem and not acceptable more generally.

Eric