[daip] FRING message

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Oct 4 17:08:55 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm getting the following new error message in FRING:

coyote> FRING1: FREQUENCIES DO NOT LIE ON A UNIFORM GRID.
coyote> FRING1: THIS MAY DEGRADE DETERMINATION OF DELAYS.

I have four IFs, separated by exactly 8 MHz each, so I have no idea
why I'm suddenly getting this message.  I've never seen it before,
such as when I reduced the same data set a few months ago.
(Before the VLA calibration was fixed, and CLCOR enabled me
to fix up the UTPM.)

Any ideas why FRING is suddenly branching to this message?
I decided I should ignore it, since this data set didn't get the message
before, but others might not be so cavalier.

Thanks,

Jim