[daip] tvstat

Andy Biggs adb at roe.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 04:55:59 EST 2005

Hi there. I've been measuring flux densities of extended sources in maps
made by IMAGR using TVSTAT. It appears to be the case at the moment that
TVSTAT will not report the total flux density within a shaded region if
the NITER keyword in the header is equal to zero. The maps I'm working
with at the moment are VLA wide-field maps, the primary beam being covered
with a large number of smaller maps. Many of the maps furthest away from
the pointing centre contain weak extended sources which do not get CLEANed
and at the moment therefore it isn't possible to derive their flux
densities easily.

I presume that I can change the NITER keyword and make TVSTAT do what I
want it to do, but is the behaviour described in the paragraph above
correct?

Cheers,

Andy