[daip] problem with wiper (fwd)

Miller Goss mgoss at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Nov 21 14:38:46 EST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 12:37:15 -0700 (MST)
From: Miller Goss <mgoss at parkes>
To: daips at parkes
Subject: problem with wiper

I have two cubes on which I run wiper. One ends as follows :

IPER1: WIPEIN: USING STOKES 'I   ' INSTEAD OF '    '
AIPS 1: Resumes
> WIPER1: PLOTUV: X axis in Mega Wavlngth        0.000E+00  4.185E+01
WIPER1: PLOTUV: Y axis in      Janskys         0.000E+00  5.246E+01
WIPER1: PLOTUV:    4506735 Points put in array
WIPER1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
WIPER1: Press button D for on-line help
WIPER1: Hit button A to switch between BLC and TRC
WIPER1: Hit button B to mark final box, loop for more
WIPER1: Hit button C to mark final box, return to menu
WIPER1: Hit button D to exit - no further flagging
WIPER1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
WIPER1: Press button D for on-line help
WIPER1: Hit button A to switch between BLC and TRC
WIPER1: Hit button B to mark final box, loop for more
WIPER1: Hit button C to mark final box, return to menu
WIPER1: Hit button D to exit - no further flagging
WIPER1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
WIPER1: Press button D for on-line help
WIPER1: Found some bad data, will write flags to table FG   6
WIPER1: Copy  149955 rows from FG vers  5 to  6
WIPER1: Appears to have ended successfully
WIPER1: imager-a     31DEC05 TST: Cpu=      18.1  Real=     122
tget wiper
> inp
AIPS 1: WIPER

and this does nothing !  ie I load and the data is not flagged.

and the other cube is

AIPS 1: * => NOT the formal reference pixel on this axis
> go
WIPER1: Task WIPER  (release of 31DEC05) begins
WIPER1: WIPEIN: USING STOKES 'I   ' INSTEAD OF '    '
AIPS 1: Resumes
> WIPER1: PLOTUV: X axis in Mega Wavlngth        0.000E+00  4.180E+01
WIPER1: PLOTUV: Y axis in      Janskys         0.000E+00  4.250E+01
WIPER1: PLOTUV:    2240027 Points put in array
WIPER1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
WIPER1: Press button D for on-line help
WIPER1: Hit button A to switch between BLC and TRC
WIPER1: Hit button B to mark final box, loop for more
WIPER1: Hit button C to mark final box, return to menu
WIPER1: Hit button D to exit - no further flagging
WIPER1: Press buttons A, B, or C to choose an operation
WIPER1: Press button D for on-line help
WIPER1: Found some bad data, will write flags to table FG  10
WIPER1: Copy  280903 rows from FG vers  9 to 10
WIPER1: Flagged 1365 correlators in 254 pixels
WIPER1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
WIPER1: ABORT!

and this does flag the data on this other cube...

I must be doing something crazy. I did re start
tst this am.

thanks
Miller