[daip] Re: troubles with aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 17 12:05:50 EST 2005

Cristina Martin writes:
 >     We are using the new aips version 31-dec-2004. I have found a
problem with the capture of the star file and the graphic with lwpla
task. If the positions of some objects, in the star file, are outside
the coordinates of the array of the plot, all or almost all the
objects are not plotted with the lwpla task, including those whose
coordinates are inside the array. I have not  this problem in the old
version. Maybe have some solution to this problem that I ignore.

LWPLA does not plot starts.  LWPLA converts a plot file made with some
other task (CNTR, PCNTR, KNTR, etc) into a paper or PostScript
output.

I will check this further since all the plot tasks do use the same
subroutine to plot stars.

Note 31DEC05 is actually the current TST version of aips used many
places.  31DEC04 is the current frozen version.