[daip] IF dependent models question

Walter Brisken wbrisken at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Nov 14 00:45:54 EST 2005

I'm implementing into my pulsar VLBI pipeline features to allow for making
separate images at each IF of my calibrators since I've been finding that
that can make a big difference in quality.  I've come across an unexpected
issue.  Since I do my fringe fitting in SPLAT off files I get the
following message when splitting fringe fit calibrated data from the SPLAT
database.  Would it be safe for me to copy the CQ table from the original
database for this purpose, or will there be indexing issues due to
the different IF selections?  Should SPLAT get modified to copy the CQ
table?  If this is problematic, I could move fringe fitting so it occurs
before SPLAT, but in order to maintain flexibility I'd prefer to run FRING
on the SPLAT out database.  Please advise.

-Walter

SPLIT1: Task SPLIT  (release of 31DEC05) begins
SPLIT1: You are using a non-standard program
SPLIT1: Averaging all selected channels in frequency
SPLIT1: Doing subarray  1
SPLIT1: Create J1935+2031  .FQ4   .   1 (UV)  on disk  4  cno   68
SPLIT1: Applying CL Table version     2
SPLIT1: ** WARNING - Subarray   1 contains VLBA data, but no CQ data
SPLIT1: ** to enable VLBA decorrelation corrections
SPLIT1: ** Type EXPLAIN FITLD for further information
AIPS 1: Resumes
AIPS 1: WAIT 'SPLIT'
SPLIT1:            Previously flagged   flagged by gain         kept
SPLIT1: Partially               0                   0              0
SPLIT1: Fully                   0                   0          37901
SPLIT1: Copied OB file from vol/cno/vers  4   64   1 to  4   68   1
SPLIT1: Copied AN file from vol/cno/vers  4   64   1 to  4   68   1
SPLIT1: Copied WX file from vol/cno/vers  4   64   1 to  4   68   1
SPLIT1: Appears to have ended successfully
SPLIT1: femto        31DEC05 TST: Cpu=       0.2  Real=       0