[daip] New AIPS problem

Jose' Manuel Afonso jafonso at oal.ul.pt
Tue Nov 8 07:22:14 EST 2005

Dear Aips,
I contacted you a few days ago, about the installation of aips in a 64bit
laptop (email attached below). Just to let you know that the installation
went great (compiling everything locally), after adapting gcc3.2.3 options
(removed -malign-double, since it makes no sense in 64bit mode) and
libraries locations to use the 64bit versions.

However, I have a new problem now, when actually using AIPS for data
reduction. If you could help me, I would appreciate it very much.

The same procedure is performed with my GMRT 90cm data both on a linux
(FC3) running on my desktop with 31dec05 AIPS (midnight job running
daily), and on my AMD64 laptop with a recent (5 days old) 31dec05 AIPS
(locally compiled with no errors).

The same file is used on both machines and everything works well on the
desktop. The laptop version is ok for the initial things (flagging, TV is
running well for tvflg, etc), but problems arise in the following two (so
far) tasks:
  IMAGR - if dotv -1, all goes well. If dotv 1, IMAGR aborts on the laptop
with the message:
turion> IMAGR1: CLBHIS: minimum component 0.186 of current peak
turion> IMAGR1: Field   1 min =  -13.0 MilliJy,max =   63.6 MilliJy
[... 19 fields]
turion> IMAGR1: Field  19 min =   -8.9 MilliJy,max =   11.7 MilliJy
turion> IMAGR1: Loading field   5 to TV from -1.300E-02 to  6.407E-02
turion> IMAGR1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
turion> IMAGR1: ABORT!
BUT the TV shows the greyscale image, as it should - it crashes before
displaying overlays with the regions to clean.

  FLATN - if the output from the previous IMAGR (dotv -1) is used, it
doesn't work, again with:
turion> FLATN1: Task FLATN  (release of 31DEC05) begins
turion> FLATN1: Create 14F_U_CDFS  .FLATN .   1 (MA)  on disk  1  cno   43
turion> FLATN1: Start field   1
turion> FLATN1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
turion> FLATN1: ABORT!

Could you help me with this? I have followed all instalation instructions
for laptops, and searched the FAQs, but see nothing that helps... you
might need more info, or some tests to be performed - please let me know!

Thanks
Jose