[daip] Re: MNJ implementation after aips installation

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 1 11:45:26 EST 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005 09:21:19 -0700, Eric Greisen <egreisen at nrao.edu> said:

> Ah - now we hit the installation error.
> Please note this Pat Murphy.

> They have set your SITE to NRAOCV.

One clarification.  I don't know if Jeff is doing this or not, but on my
laptop there are two main network configurations:

   - connected to NRAO/CV, where /home/aips is NFS-mounted
   - connected elsewhere, where it's not.

If the former occurs, I detect it in my login scripts and use the
network version of AIPS just like any desktop.  SITE here is VCOARN as
expected.

If the latter occurs, I fall back to the standalone version I installed
in /export/users/aipsmgr/, and SITE is then ORANG.

I haven't looked in detail at Jeff's laptop AIPS so this may not be what
he's doing.  If he's using the standalone version, he should change the
SITE name to something like MANOLITO (no idea where that came from, but
it's not NRAOCV or VCOARN which is the important thing).

Rest of instructions left intact for convenience.  HTH.

				- Pat