[daip] New MAC OS - tiger and AIPS

Wes Young wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon May 23 19:30:04 EDT 2005

Chris,

On the Tiger disk are X11 and the gcc compilers.  If you click on the
Optional Installs icon, and click continue several times you will get
to the "Custom Install on "Disk""  You should select X11 and install
it if you haven't already. Also on the disk is Xcode Tools, you will
want to install them too, make sure you install the X11sdk package.
For AIPS we suggest doing a binary installation, as it is built with
the IBM compilers which are much better than any of the GNU
compilers.  Use install.pl -n, you might check Eric's AipsManager FAQ
before running the installation.

Hope this helps some.

wes
wyoung at aoc.nrao.edu