[daip] New MAC OS - tiger and AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri May 20 16:32:06 EDT 2005

Stockdale, Christopher writes:

 > I am getting some new computers soon and will likely be upgrading the OS
 > from Panther to Tiger.  Has anyone at the AOC tried Tiger yet with AIPS?

Wes was supposed to reply but, if he has, he did not include daip.

No we have yet to try Tiger.  It is clear that we have to keep pippin
at Panther for a long time since I suspect that Tiger-compiled
binaries will not run on Panther.  The question is whether
Panther-compiled binaries will run on Tiger.

Wes has converted his personal Mac to Tiger but has yet to try
installing AIPS.  I suspect he is delaying his answer until he does.

I am told that there have been some negative rumbles about Tiger wrt
the IBM compiler but do not know any details.