[daip] Problem with Other users in AIPS...

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed May 18 17:32:36 EDT 2005

Anthony Remijan writes:
 > Hey Eric, that fix worked but I believe I found the fundamental problem
 > when we both are sitting at the same console.
 >
 > Here is what AIPS says when I try to log in:
 >
 > START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called jansky
 >
 > Here is what AIPS says when hollis logs in:
 >
 > START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
 >
 > So localhost is trying to ssh to Jansky, I am guessing to get the
 > "remote" display, even though they are the same.

The two of you are setting your environments differently.  You should

cd the area that is AIPS_ROOT
. LOGIN.SH                    (or source LOGIN.CSH)

then the name should be clear.  I am assuming you said laptop true is
the setup.

One does have to give oneself password-less login privilege via ssh
even on one's own machine.