[daip] grey levels in pcntr

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sat May 14 13:58:52 EDT 2005

Sebastian Jester writes:

     Conducting archaeology on my Inbox I found this message.

All AIPS plot tasks were revised to offer all sorts of new options
including color line drawing, color vectors, grey-scale images in B&W
or color, etc.  These are discribed in the aips CookBook chapter 6

            http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/cook.html

 >  is there a way to get an overlay of a PCNTR plot with a different greyscale
 > image? I want to compare radio morphology & polarisation (VLA) with optical
 > morphology (HST). I have HGEOMed the HST image to the same orientation etc. as
 > the VLA I,Q,U maps, and would like to add this as a greyscale overlay to the
 > PCNTR output. Is there a quick & simple way to do this in AIPS?
 >
 >  I am only an occasional AIPS user so please bear with me if this is a FAQ - I
 > did my best to find an answer on the web first. If there isn't a quick way,
 > I'll use a graphics program to combine the greyscale and contour plot.

Sorry to be tardy in replying - it took a while to do the fixes and
longer to notice your note which was one of the reasons I did all that
work.