[daip] Re: ATMCA with VLA data

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Wed May 11 12:39:03 EDT 2005

Ed,

How have you determined that
"ATMCA seems to read zero phases from the SN table for all VLA antennas,
even though the SN table has reasonable phases"?

If you look into the output/intermediate SN table then it has phase at
REAL and zero
at IMAG as the result of twopi ambiguaty solve. You may interpretate
this as phase =
atan2(image, real) =0!!!  Therefore suach a phase estimation will give
zero, what is correct.

If you find zero phase differentely or you still have a problem then,

1. Run TASAV, create fits file of the output and send it to me.
2. send me input parameters you use for ATMCA

Leonia