[daip] for help

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue May 10 15:25:38 EDT 2005

Zhang Xizhen writes:

 >   I would use the AIPS to make a color PS-file, but I don't know
 > how to do it.
 > I would be very grateful if you could let me know if it is possible
 > to make color PS-file with AIPS. If so please tell me the task name
 > or other information.

I am sorry that we did not respond promptly to this message and I just
now found it in my Inbox near the beginning.

At the time you requested help we had little to offer, but recent
versions of aips now have numerous color options in plotting including
the conversion to color PostScript on output.  TVCPS converts the
color on the TV to PostScript, LWPLA converts the color in p[lot files
and can add colors of its own.  See Chapter 6 of the CookBook:
      http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips/cook.html
for examples of color usage.