[daip] adding DAT tape drive to AIPS

marrj at union.edu marrj at union.edu
Wed Mar 30 11:33:26 EST 2005

Hello,
    I am about to buy a DAT tape drive (HP DAT 40--compatible with DDS2,3,&4),
to put onto my AIPS (on a linux machine).  Before I order the tape drive,
though, I want to be sure that I'll be able to get AIPS to know of the new
tape drive without much difficulty.  Can you tell me if this will be easy for
me to do (I am not a good aips or linux manager)?  And, if so, can you direct
to me to where I would find instructions on how to do this?  (I started
thumbing through the AIPS info. online, but didn't find a quick reference to
adding tape drives to the system.)
     Thank you.

Jon