[daip] Re: XAS cursor

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Mar 22 10:45:29 EST 2005

cjl at haystack.mit.edu writes:

 > A quick question.  I am using 31DEC04 on a Redhat 9 system (XFree86
 > version 4.3.0).  My problem is that the XAS cursor shape is not consistent
 > (changes during the same execution), and is never a useful shape (like
 > number 34, the crosshairs).  I followed the instructions for .Xdefaults
 > and the AIPStv*cursorShape resource, checking that it appears in the
 > resource list via xrdb -query, but the behaviour remains the same.
 >
 > Any idea what's wrong?

Only partly - we have had this problem too.  The following allows you
to control shape (but not color except for certain shapes).  The
hardware cursor must be disabled and a software cursor allowed.

Here's an example from XF86Config for RH9:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (generic)"
        Option      "hw cursor" "off"