[daip] AIPS Multi-resolution cleaning

Carlos Alanias Rodriguez Rico c.rodriguez at astrosmo.unam.mx
Sat Jun 25 19:57:03 EDT 2005

Dear Erick,

I have been playing around with multi-resolution cleaning and the
IMAGPRM(11) and IMAGPRM(12) are not at all clear to me as how to determine
these input values. I read the explain file for IMAGR already.
The special problem is IMAGPRM(11) which as explained is something related
to the weighting scheme used to select which resolution is prefered.
The peak flux density in each of the selected resolutions is weighted by
1/R**IMAGPRM(11). Could you give me an example on how todetermine this
value ( 0.2, 0.8 or 1)? and what is the criteria used to choose this
value?

Best regards

Carlos

Carlos A. Rodriguez-Rico
Centro de Radioastronomia y Astrofisica (CRyA)
UNAM, Campus Morelia
Tel. +52 443 322 2746
Fax. +52 443 322 2726
http://www.astrosmo.unam.mx/~c.rodriguez