[daip] Re: Troubles reading DAT

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 27 12:29:28 EDT 2005

Josh Winn writes:

 > SunOS 5.9
 >
 > jwinn floreana 24> uname -a
 > SunOS floreana 5.9 Generic_117171-09 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100
 >
 > > what compiler are you running?
 >
 > jwinn floreana 37> cc -V
 > cc: Forte Developer 7 C 5.4 2002/03/09
 >
 > jwinn floreana 39> f90 -V
 > f90: Forte Developer 7 Fortran 95 7.0 Patch 111714-09 2003/10/15

    These are all well ahead of anything we have tried.

 > > can you send me a short selection of the errors you got calling it an
 > > Ultra (SUL)?
 >
 > Unfortunately, once the compile crashed, I trashed all the files and
 > started over with SOL.... sorry, that was silly of me.  If it would be
 > helpful I can try it again.

    How about the piece of INSTEP2.LOG completely covering 1 C routine?

 > > Have you changed compiler or OS or disk systems between when you build
 > > the 31DEC03 and now?
 >
 > No.  But maybe my recollection that the old 31DEC03 AIPS worked was wrong.
 > This morning I launched 31DEC03 and tried FITLD and got the same error
 > (file too big).  Maybe I just never had a >2Gb file before (though this
 > seems unlikely to me, since I work a lot with VLBA data).

Going across the street, you must still be getting files >2 GByte.
Are you breaking them up before bringing them back to your Sun or are
you doing all the reductions across the street?