[daip] SNEDT

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jul 27 11:38:08 EDT 2005

I've been running FRING on a VLBI data set where the phase-ref
calibrator is fairly weak and also pretty heavily resolved on the long
baselines.  FRING is improved considerably by using a source model,
but still is enough on the edge that I get a fair number of bad delay
and rate points which I then have to edit out with SNEDT.

The problem is that if I go revise the model and run FRING again,
I get mostly the same bad points, but then have to go run SNEDT
all over again on the new SN table, a laborious process that
effectively prevents me from re-running FRING very much to get
the optimal results.

It would be really nice if SNEDT could save a record of the
SN points it has flagged, so that I then could apply this record
as a starting point on an SN table I get from the next run of FRING.
At the AIPS meeting today, we discussed the possibility of doing
that by saving the FC table.

Anyway, I'm sending this message for the record so that it can
be captured and thought about.

Jim