[daip] Re: Smoothing in SPLIT ?

Nissim Kanekar nkanekar at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Jul 22 09:02:29 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,

Thanks a lot for the changes and apologies for the delay in getting back;
I've been away on vacation for the last week. I think putting the
increment in the FQ table instead of the channel width is the right way to
go, especially since the bandwidth, etc, of the data are computed by later
tasks (e.g. IMAGR) from these values. In fact, this was how I noticed the
problem; IMAGR produced an image with huge bandwidth smearing, despite
using bandwidth synthesis, essentially because the visibilities were being
assigned to the wrong frequencies.

Thanks a lot !

Regards,
Nissim