[daip] Re: tasks that don't show up in apropos

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 21 13:53:49 EDT 2005

Kristy Dyer writes:
 > Hi Eric,
 >
 > Here's another task which should show up in apropos, but doesn't.
 > By the way I sent mail to daip, which I haven't heard back from. I
 > suspect it got lost in the Spam. I hate to just send mail to you,
 > since I alway hope one of your helpers will answer my easy questions.
 >
 > #apropos geom
 > AIPS 1: HGEOM      ** categorie TASK CATALOG ANALYSIS
 > AIPS 1:    interpolates image to different gridding and/or geometry
 > AIPS 1: OHGEO      ** categorie TASK IMAGE-UTIL OOP
 > AIPS 1:    Geometric interpolation with correction for 3-D effects
 > >apropos lgeom
 > AIPS 1: No matches found
 > >task 'lgeom'

In general there is no cure for this - the word you give to APROPO
must appear in the 2 precursor lines of the help file and many
programmers did not take those lines seriously enough.

I did change the program that builds the list to include the task name
itself and one of the words in those 2 lines.  That would cure your
particular problem.