[daip] Re: Fwd: CATA and tvcursor

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 21 10:41:04 EDT 2005

Kristy Dyer writes:
 > Here's the daip message

Charlottesville in their "wisdom" changed the way SpamAssasin
functioned and did not tell anyone.  Perfectly ordinary messages were
suddenly getting high scores and being sent to my SPAM folder.  Before
the change, that folder never ever had anything good in it and so I
started simply deleting it.  I have had to change the score levels
drastically and spend much more of my time each day deleting SPAM -
very little ends up in that SPAM folder anymore.

CATALOG is not a task, it is a verb.  As such you do not normally say
GO CATALOG although if you do, the POPS processor will forgive your
error and actually do a TPUT CATALOG; CATALOG for you.  Then a TGET
CATALOG will work.  But if you use the verb properly, then its
parameters are not saved and are not available to a TGET.

 > Recently when I use my tv cursor I get a wide array of icons --
 > crosshairs, watches, arrows etc. What is setting the icon my tv cursor
 > uses?

That is curious that it should change without your intervention.  This
is part of your XWindows environment which is set by your ~/.Xdefaults
file.  See HELP XAS for how to modify that file to control parameters
in XAS and HELP MSGSRV for how to give the message server more memory,
different colors, etc.  My file includes

! .Xdefaults file

! I use xterm -name AIPSxterm to get a different icon etc. in fvwm.
AIPSxterm*background: 	navy
AIPSxterm*foreground: 	white
AIPSxterm*cursorColor: 	yellow
AIPSxterm*VT100*font: -sony-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-120-100-100-c-80-iso8859-1
! old AIPSxterm*VT100*font:	7x13
AIPSxterm*VT100*geometry:	80x40
AIPSxterm*scrollBar:	on
AIPSxterm*scrollKey:	on
AIPSxterm*saveLines:	10000
AIPSxterm*visualBell:	on
AIPSsrcxterm*background: 	wheat
AIPSsrcxterm*foreground: 	navy
AIPSsrcxterm*cursorColor: 	yellow
AIPSsrcxterm*VT100*font:	-sony-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-120-100-100-c-80-iso8859-1
! and also for AIPSsrc (aipssrc login)
AIPSsrcxterm*VT100*geometry:	80x40
AIPSsrcxterm*scrollBar:	on
AIPSsrcxterm*scrollKey:	on
AIPSsrcxterm*saveLines:	1000
AIPSsrcxterm*visualBell:	on
!
! AIPS: AIPStv for XAS, AIPSmsg for MSGSRV, AIPStek for TEKSRV.
AIPStv*useSharedMemory: 1
! lower this next one if you don't like virtual colourmaps
AIPStv*maxGreyLevel:    199
AIPStv*xPixels:        1270
AIPStv*yPixels:         924
AIPStv*geometry:        518x518-152+75