[daip] SourceID in BP tables created by BPASS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 15 13:31:49 EDT 2005

Lincoln Greenhill writes:

    Sorry for the long delay on this one...

 > I have observed that BPASS sets sourceID=0 in BP tables when
 > SOLINT=0 (scan avg).  Is this intentional?  It seems odd.

     It does this only if SOLINT is less than zero - and that is
ecause sources get mixed together in that case.

 > I also have a problem with POSSM plots of BP tables that have sourceID=0
 > and contain entries for two freqids.  My SU table has QUAL=1 and QUAL=2 as
 > a secondary way of indicating different FREQIDs (e.g.., a source w/
 > freqid=1 also has qual=1).  The following table describes what POSSM does
 > when aparm(8)=2.
 >
 > FREQID	QUAL	Action
 > 1	-1	no plots                       <<<<<<<< bug ?
 > 2	-1	correct plots for freqid 2B
 > 1	1	no plots                       <<<<<<<< bug ?
 > 2	2	correct plots for freqid 2
 > 1	2	correct plots for freqid 1 despite incorrect qual
 > 2	1	correct plots for freqid 2 despite incorrect qual

I tried to build a data set to look like this using TBIN and TBOUT and
could not repeat this problem.  The QUAL adverb does enter in source
selection from the source table, but source number 0 in the BP table
then ignores any source selection and the error return from the source
selection is also ignored.  I got correct plots for the requested
FREQID indepndent of the QUAL value.