[daip] aips installation question

Min S. Yun myun at bonito.astro.umass.edu
Wed Jul 13 17:14:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

You probably answer this question everyday, but I don't do
this often enough to know the answer...  I had to apply some
patches to my 31DEC04 version of aips, following the instruction.
For whatever the reason, COMLNK command was not recognized by
my machine (a PC running Debian linux), so I resorted to
running the install.pl script.  Well, it asks for a password
in the middle of installation, and I have no clue what it is.
I am not sure if there ever was one.  What do I do next?
Thanks, as always!

 					-- Min

Min S. Yun				e-mail: myun at astro.umass.edu
Associate Professor			phone:  (413) 545-2215
Astronomy Department			FAX:    (413) 545-4223
University of Massachusetts             http://www.astro.umass.edu/~myun
Amherst, MA 01003