[daip] /etc/rc file & Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument

Glenn Morrison morrison at cfht.hawaii.edu
Wed Jul 13 01:02:38 EDT 2005

Eric,

Of course I got around my problems by using LOCALHOST_1, etc., for
disk areas. Now I have the old (I have a 30" monitor) problem of

XAS: Using screen width height 2550 1500, max grey level 255
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument

in /etc/rc I changed

sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax=10485760 kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmni=32 kern.sysv.shmseg=8 kern.sysv.shmall=4096

But still gave the same error message.

DO I need to make this bigger? What are the exact values I need
(4X1500) and for kern.sysv.shmall??

-Thanks

--Glenn