[daip] INSTEP4 problem (cannot find -lg2c)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 1 17:43:11 EDT 2005

Gary, Dale writes:
 > I have installed Fedora Core 4 (the latest) and reformatted the
disks, so I need to reinstall AIPS.  I downloaded the latest
(31DEC05), but found that I had to manually find and install gcc
(which has g77), so I got that from the link on the AIPS pages
(version 2.95.3).  I ran the install wizard, and INSTEP2 appears to
have completed successfully, but at INSTEP4 I get the complaint
 > /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lg2c
 >
 > I tried finding g2c on the web, but there were no obvious
references except to an include file g2c.h.  But I assume what it is
looking for is a library.  Do you have any idea what I need to do to
proceed?

Are you using the 2.95.3 to do the link edit?

Check ~/.AIPSRC    LINK = line

Fix this if you do install.pl restart or to do INSTEP4 alone, edit
$SYSLOCAL/LDOPTS.SH.

Eric Greisen