[daip] NRAO SUMMER STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIPS

Barry J. McCrory mccroryb at k12tn.net
Mon Jan 31 08:52:31 EST 2005

Dear Sir:

Through my error the following recommendation was not sent on time.  I am in hopes that it might still be considered.

January 31, 2005

NRAO SUMMER STUDENT RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIPS

Dear Sir:

David Baron was a student in my Advanced Placement Physics 'B' class at White Station High School in  Memphis, Tennessee.

David was simply one of my finest students.  He is intelligent, hardworking and dependable.  He works well with others and can work alone with a minimum of supervision.  David consistently applies himself to problem solving in my Physics class far beyond my most advance AP student.  He wanted to understand and worked hard to reach that goal.  David was well liked by both faculty and peers.   David was very involved school and community activities.  I consider him a person of outstanding character and integrity.  In my 23 years of teaching, he would be listed in my top five in academic ability and leadership potential.

White Station High School offers nineteen Advance Placement courses. Last year our students took over 580 Advanced Placement test with an 83% pass rate. David did exceptionally well in a highly competitive academic environment.

I have a B.S. in Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering, a M.S.  In Physics and a M.S. in Education. I am National Board Certified in Adolescent and Young Adult /Science There is no doubt in my mind that he will be successful in any program he should choose.   I recommend him to you highly.  David would be an asset to any college community or program both as a student and as a person.   You would be fortunate to get him.

Sincerely yours,

Barry J. McCrory, M.S., M.S., NBCT

Science Department--Physics

White Station High School