[daip] Help with AIPS

Jonathan Mines mines at physics.technion.ac.il
Mon Jan 31 11:28:12 EST 2005

Eric,

After launching the vlacal procedure with the command

 >task 'vlacal'

I checked the inputs.  I had docalib=-1 which I think is correct.  Then
I entered

 >vlacal

It ran, and in general, it seemed alright.  However, it generated the
output (There was a great deal more.):

phbeha> CALIB1: Task CALIB  (release of 31DEC05) begins
phbeha> CALIB1: CALIB USING MK1.20041113 . C BAND .   1 DISK=
 1 USID=   1
phbeha> CALIB1: Selecting and editing the data
phbeha> CALIB1: Doing cal transfer mode with point model for e
ach source
phbeha> CALIB1: This is not self-calibration
phbeha> CALIB1: Dividing data by source flux densities
phbeha> CALIB1: Determining solutions using amp-scalar averagi
ng
phbeha> CALIB1: Writing SN table    2
phbeha> CALIB1: Closure errors at  0/09:03:15 0437-187     IF

My question is:  What does "This is not self-calibration" mean?  I am
wondering if it is something to be concerned about.  Thank you.

Jonathan