[daip] installing gcc 2.95.3

alessandro parlavecchio alessan30 at yahoo.it
Thu Jan 27 17:57:49 EST 2005

Hello,

I’m a student trying to working with AIPS to reduce interferometric data.

I had already installed Linux Mandrake 9.2, 2.4.22 version with gcc 3.3.1 compiler.

I’ve seen your notes about the compiler in order to which I’ve downloaded gcc 2.95.3., and make the procedure you estabilished before install Aips, but there‘s a problem, in fact I’ve created a directory  in /usr/local to install the compiler but when I send path_of_gcc2.95.3/configure, it doesn’t work, making the following message:

Created “Makefile in /home/Alessandro/Documents/Linux/AIPS/gcc-2.95.3./configure: line 7: cc: command not found

The command ‘ cc –o conftest –g conftest.c’ failed

You must see the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

I don’t have anyother compiler apart that above mentioned, and I don’t find the path for it, not in /usr and its subdirectory, nor in another one

Please write me about what I can do in practice

Thanks for time you spend for it