[daip] Re: local task on a MAC

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 26 18:10:40 EST 2005

shoshana rosenthal writes:

 > Hi,
 >
 > You were right the installation of aips on the MAC was very easy.
 > I still have questions. We have 2 local tasks that we would like to
 > install on the mac. How do we do that without compilers and libraries?

        actually we give you the libraries and keep them up to date.
But it is a problem - the compiler we are using costs about $700.

 > We cannot display TV. Could the depth be a problem it is 32?
 > I don't know where to change it, otherwise I would have tried.

I need more information in order to help you on this - all messages
at the start of an aips session and xdpyinfo output.

I will be away but our Mac expert will be here - please use the daip
address.