[daip] Re: problems

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Sun Jan 23 13:55:30 EST 2005

zzwu writes:
 > hello,sorry to truble ,I am a student who is using aips to induce the data,but now i encounter a problem: my system is fedora core II,aips is 3DEC05,the newest version,and my data have 7 IF,but when i read the data in to computer,use task 'possm',just show 6 IF,while use task snplt can show all the IFs ,I want to say that in other ones computer ,it is no this problem.
 > can you tell me what is the possible reason,thank you ,i am eagerly hearing from you.
 >                   zzwu
 >                    china

I am sorry but with only this information, I cannot possibly suggest
what is happening.  Perhaps, for some reason the 7th IF is flagged or
EIF is set  when you run POSSM or ???.  SNPLT and POSSM are not the
best way to examine data when there are problems.  PRTUV allows you to
look at the data with no affect from flagging and calibration; UVPRT
turns on (optionally) the flagging and calibration.  These are better
diagnostic tools.

I guess I should ask what compiler version was used to build aips.
There are GNU versions now in use that do not compile aips correctly.