[daip] re: CXPOLN and CXCLN

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 21 11:54:24 EST 2005

Instead of just wringing your hands and abandoning your science, why
doesn't someone actually try to debug the matter?

The AIPS group has been reduced by politics to almost nothing and, for
"odd ball science" needs, we really do require some help.  At the very
least, you could try looking at the dirty images and beams as we have
suggested and tell us what you find.

Providing me the data might be of interest too - otherwise I cannot
debug anything.

As to not handling certain telescope types - we have tried at times
when we had more manpower and money, but no one with understanding of
how they worked would help and the effort achieved little.  Do you
really demand to be waited upon?