[daip] Re: Problems after running MNJ to get the frozen 31DEC04

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 21 10:19:25 EST 2005

Sean Dougherty writes:

 > After running the MNJ just once to get the frozen version of 31DEC04,
 > that had been running happily, I've run into a problem - not likely the
 > fault of MNJ, but rather something that has been done at my end. The
 > following error message (see the end of the email) comes up when I run
 > LISTR. Other tasks I've been running e.g. CALIB, CLCAL, IMAGR seem to
 > work OK after running NEWPARMS.

      Actually, the MNJ should have run POPSGN and a compress would
update your vocabulary.

 > What have I done to upset LISTR? I'm a bit puzzled since I'm not sure
 > what DA01 is - I have a DA00 that contains a sub-directory named after
 > my machine (BALDRICK) that contains TPD, MED, ICD, GRD, BAD etc files,
 > but no DA01.

     I am puzzled too - DA01 is the first data directory and is
assigned on the fly as AIPS starts up.

 > Any help would be appreciated. Failing any advice that maybe
 > forthcoming, I'll just embark on a completely new installation of
31DEC04.

     That really should not be necessary although the odd error below
might mean that somehow the compiles etc did not happen correctly.
How much catching up did the last MNJ require?  Did the COMRPLs and
COMLNKs actually get done properly?

 > Sean
 >

 > AIPS 1: Found in Version=NEW
 >   ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD000000.000;      NOT FOUND
 >   ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD000000.000;      NOT FOUND
 >   ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD000000.000;      NOT FOUND
 >   ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD000000.000;      NOT FOUND

It has somehow turned your user number into 0 and so cannot find a
message file for that user.  Do you have 31DEC04 as both TST and NEW or
do you have 31DEC05?

Try

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH     (or . LOGIN.SH for bash)
$CDTST
COMLNK $APGNOT/LISTR

To check on the MNJ

cd $TST/$ARCH/UPDATE