[daip] Getting average amplitudes from UV data

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 18 16:41:59 EST 2005

landon at inaoep.mx writes:
 > Hi, I'm wondering how I would go about getting average amplitude values from UV
 > data for a certain time range. Is there anyway to use these numbers towards
 > weighting visibilities based on the time they were observed?
 > Thanks alot,
 > -Landon Halloran
 > INAOE

Are thes VLA data?  If you load the data with FILLM using standard
adverbs then the weights reflect the system temperatures as measured.
Then if you use DOCAL=2 throughout, the weights will be calibrated by
the flux calibration.  This means that when imaging the correct
weights (1/sigma**2) will be used.  If you average data in say UVAVG,
the wieghts will be adjusted accordingly.  We work hard to get you
correct weights throughout.