[daip] Re: aips TV

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 18 13:06:34 EST 2005

 > I have experienced a problem in installing the last release of AIPS on my
 > laptop. After the preliminar settings the program try to build the XAS but
 > it fails giving the following message:
 >
 > AipsWiz:  =====> Make the XAS TV Server from source if needed...
 > AipsWiz: About to unpack the XAS.SHR archive.
 > AipsWiz: Done.
 > AipsWiz: About to try to make XAS...
 >
 > rm -f *.o xas XAS
 > /opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc  -D_BSD -DUSE_SHM -O2 -c xas.c
 > In file included from xas.c:31:
 > xas.h:52: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
 > xas.h:53: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
 > xas.h:54: X11/keysym.h: No such file or directory
 > In file included from xas.c:31:
 > xas.h:81: X11/extensions/XShm.h: No such file or directory

The include files are missing from your machine - usually this means
you need to install the XWindows developers RPM on your computer.  If
you went ahead and finished the installation then you do not need to
run install.pl.  Instead, after installing the RPM

cd $AIPS_ROOT
source LOGIN.CSH    (or . LOGIN.SH for bash)
$CDTST
cd $YSERV/XAS
make clean
make